2.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

First time filing a claim and had the worst experience! We moved in to our newly purchased home and after two weeks we had a backup in our drains.

I called Home Warranty of America to file a stoppage/ clogg claim which our contract shows as being covered. Technician came out and after working for a while he said it was really clogged and they had to hydro jet the pipe. He said he would need approval from my home warranty to complete services. I looked at my contract which clearly states hydro jetting is covered.

Recieved a call from the home warranty right after telling me they will no longer cover the claim because they found wipes in the line.

I asked specifically to tell me where in the contract does it say wipes are excluded and they could not answer that question. They want to get your money but will try their very hardest to avoid paying out on claims.

Product or Service Mentioned: Home Warranty Of America Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

HWACares
Home Warranty of America Verified Representative

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you had through the claim process and would appreciate an opportunity to look into the issue for you.

If you would, please email to us your full name, phone number, property address, and contract or claim number to digitalcare@hwahomewarranty.com . Thank you--Lucy